What are the terms and conditions?
Below please find a list of Terms & Conditions for participating in the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD and Process for the competition.
1. Entry to the student track is available to students attending higher education establishments that offer design as a course work focus with textile design included in their curriculum, except Bemz employees, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entry to the public track available to anyone over the age of 18: designers, aspiring designers, students, Bemz customers, etc. Except Bemz employees, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
3. Students may also enter via the public track but must submit a different design. One design cannot be used for more than one entry.
4. The higher education establishments open to participation must be located in Sweden, France, Germany or the UK.
5. By agreeing to participate, schools also agree to incorporate the competition into an aspect of the curriculum in order to properly promote and support the activities involved, garner interest from the press, create coverage on the school and the competition on a national basis and to ensure a qualitative partnership with the schools, teachers and students.
6. By agreeing to participate, schools undertake to always use the correct competition name in all documentation, publications and promotions relating to the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD and undertake to only use the Bemz brand and logo as outlined here.
7. Entry to the student track is restricted to students enrolled at the higher eduction establishments from each country that have committed to the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
8. A minimum 10 student participants per school is necessary to participate. There is no maximum.
9. By submitting an entry into the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD, the schools, students and public track participants agree to the terms and conditions of the competition as outlined here.
10. Entries must not have been presented in other competitions or previously published.
11. Students may enter more than once and may also enter the public track. Non-students and students registered in schools other than those listed under Participating Schools may only enter the public track.
12. Details on how to enter are outlined in the section called the How to Enter.
13. Students may request samples of the 100% Panama cotton fabric on which the winning designs will be printed using digital printing technology
14. Drawings/plans/entries will not be returned.
15. Each country’s student entries will be considered by their own national panel of judges whereof three national finalists will be chosen. All public track entries will be considered by the Bemz Creative Team whereof three finalists will be chosen.
16. The BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition will see the public decide on which of each of the three national finalists’ student entries and which of the three public track entries are their favourites via a voting process hosted on the Bemz website throughout the month of February 2016.
17. Each set of three finalists will compete only against each other in the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition, i.e., French finalists against French finalists, German finalists against German finalists, public finalists against the public finalists, etc., to determine the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE winner for each of the four participating nations in the student track and the winner of the public track of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
18. The voting process of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition will be open to the public as a whole and not restricted by country or region.
19. Voting on entries in the BEMZ PEOPLE'S CHOICE competition will be restricted to one vote per person.
20. Entrants in the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition are allowed to vote for themselves.
21. By the end of the predetermined competition period, the entries with the most votes will have their designs developed and produced available for purchase as any of products available at Bemz.com, to be launched in conjunction with the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD winner’s design in May 2016. They will also be introduced into the ranks of the Bemz Designer Collection.
22. In the unlikely event of a tie in number of votes at the end of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition, the tied winners’ entries will go back to their national panel of judges to determine which is the winner.
22. The selection of any and all winning entries, from both the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition and the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD used for final production via digital printing will be determined entirely by Bemz. This selection may comprise one part of a multifaceted entry or even be one section of one image included in an entry.
23. There will be five overall winners, one per country, for the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition, and one from the public track of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
24. There will be one overall winner for the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
25. The winners of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition and the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will earn 3% royalties made from any and all interior textile products sold to customers via bemz.com in fabrics depicting their winning design. This offer will be subject to Bemz deeming the product to be suitable for sale and a contract being negotiated with the winner.
26. Prizes are not transferable. There is no cash alternative.
27. All entries must be received by 12 noon Central European Time December 14, 2015.
28. Entry should only be submitted via email at email@example.com. Entries must be supplied electronically in JPEG format A4 landscape format (maximum email size 12MB). The organiser shall send an email confirmation receipt in return for each entry sent by the participant.
29. Student entries may be submitted in English, French, German or Swedish. Public entries must be submitted in English only.
30. Exchanges with the local representatives of the organisers, such as PR agencies, shall be in writing only, in English, French, German or Swedish.
31. Exchanges with the organisers shall be in writing only, in English.
32. All the candidates authorise the organisers in advance to use and disclose their name or their project on any medium (paper or digital) and without limitation as to territory of dissemination for a period of two years, without the former being able to seek compensation. The candidates guarantee that they are the author of the project and must ensure that the images, sketches and photos included in their project are not protected and may therefore be freely disseminated by the organisers. The organisers disclaim all liability in the event of a third-party claim.
33. Bemz holds the right to omit any entries if judged inappropriate and / or offensive.
34. "Favourite" projects which are not nominated might be the subject of a release during the event, in a form which is yet to be determined.
35. The candidates are owners of their project submitted to the competition. It is their responsibility to take precautions by protecting their design with the relevant authorities.
36. All candidates retain the copyright to their material. Bemz solely receives the right to sell their designs via its ecommerce website, Bemz.com.
37. The organisation declines all liability in the event of damage concerning the protection of designs.
38. Irrespective of the category, the project shall use digital printing technique on textile for production of winning designs. Entries should consider this and use the diversity it offers in an original and innovative manner. It must be achievable and reproducible under reasonably cost-effective conditions; it is important to highlight the functionality and use value of the design.
39. It is imperative for the candidates to enrich their presentation with high quality images (photos, computer-generated imagery, sketches etc.) and a faultless layout.
40. Winning submissions will be asked to supply a higher resolution version of the winning entry.
41. The winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD shall have their prize-giving transport and accommodation expenses paid for. The amount of the reimbursements shall be negotiated beforehand on an individual basis by the respective organisers of each competition. They shall have free access to all the events during the opening.
42. The organisers reserve the right to modify or cancel the competition in the event of force majeure or as external circumstances require without their liability being incurred as a result. The organisers may not be held liable for losses of mail, whether paper or electronic, for transport problems, for any failure preventing or limiting participation in the competition or for website/blog or network failures.
43. Personal data protection: all participants acknowledge having been informed that the personal information collected is required for participation in the competition and that such information brought to the awareness of the organisers shall be processed by computer. The participants have a right to access and amend data and information concerning them by writing to the organiser of their category.
44. The competition is subject exclusively to Swedish law.
45. By entering this competition:
• participants accept that Bemz is entitled to use and reproduce their entry/entries (together with their name) submitted as part of the competition for use in national press, Facebook, Twitter and other marketing activities;
• participants agree that Bemz and Bemz's third party service providers may use their details to contact them about their entry;
• participants confirm that, if they are one of the winners, they will support Bemz in marketing and promotional events relating to their entry; and
• participants confirm that they have the consent of all individuals, organisations and other parties in creating the entry to enter into this competition on these terms and conditions.
46. Multiple or third party entries will not be accepted.
47. Entry into the prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
48. Bemz reserves the right to hold void, suspend or cancel the competition at any time where it is reasonable to do so.
49. Bemz accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, damaged, defaced or not received for any reason.
50. The decision of Bemz is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
51. Details of the winners' names and counties will be available at bemz.com/DesignAward from May 31 2016.
52. The promoter is Bemz, Birger Jarlsgatan 79, 113 56 Stockholm, Sweden.
The BEMZ DESIGN AWARD Process
1. Each country will have a national panel of judges who will consider all entries from their country. The public track entries will be considered by the Bemz Creative Team.
2. The national panel of judges and Bemz Creative Team will select three national finalists from all entries.
3. Each set of three finalists will represent their school where applicable, their country and themselves in the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition.
4. A public voting process will determine the winner of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition for each country and for the public track.
5. There will be five winners of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition, one from Sweden, Germany, France and the UK, and one from the public track.
6. The five winners of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition will have their designs developed and produced available for purchase as any of products available at Bemz.com.
7. The student winner from Sweden, Germany, France and the UK of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition will move forward and have their collection critiqued by an international judging panel who will determine the ultimate winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
8. The international judging panel for the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will be made up of one representative from each of the national panel of judges along with a number of people from Bemz.
9. There will be one overall winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD.
10. The winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will receive €1000 and an all expenses paid trip to Stockholm in May 2016.
11. All winners, both those of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition and the ultimate winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will have their winning entries on display in the Bemz Inspiration Store in Stockholm, and will be featured on the Bemz homepage and Facebook page for millions to see.
12. The winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will also join the Bemz team at the Bemz Inspiration Store in Stockholm, for the unveiling of the winning designs. The unveiling will take place during Stockholm Fashion Week in May 2016.
13. Sequence and timing of the competition will be as follows:
• Competition launch in September 2015. Submissions accepted from October 1, 2015.
• All entries must be received by noon Central European Time December 14, 2015.
• Judging will take place in January 2016.
• The three finalists chosen from Sweden, France, German, the UK and the public trackwill be notified by January 31, 2016.
• The BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE voting will take place from February 1-29, 2016.
• The five winners of the BEMZ PEOPLE’S CHOICE competition will be notified by March 31, 2016.
• Judging of the student winners for the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will take place in April 2016.
• The winner of the BEMZ DESIGN AWARD will be notified by April 30, 2016.
• The unveiling of the winners’ designs will take place at the Bemz Inspiration Store in Stockholm in May 2016, during Stockholm Fashion Week.