Start by measuring your window (naturally!).
• Our curtain dimensions always follow ‘width x length’ sizing in centimetres. For example, the size 140 x 250 cm is the measurement for a curtain that is 140 cm wide and 250 cm long.
• Although our fabrics come in varying widths (140-150 cm), we always utilise the maximum width when sewing curtains. This means curtain widths may vary by +/- 5 cm from the ordered size. This will not affect the appearance or use of the curtains.
• If you have an existing curtain rod or track, use it as a measurement guide for your curtain width, then add a further 10 cm onto the total in order to ensure they overlap in the middle and keep the light out when your curtains are closed.
• For curtains that should just cover the length of the window, add 2 cm to the measured length of the window.
• Floor length curtains should ideally finish 1-2cm above the floor.
• For extra drama, add approximately 20 cm to the curtain length so excess fabric can bunch on the floor.
- Bemz fabric for curtains
- Four styles of curtain heading
- One panel or two panels